MCADOO — Officials in McAdoo say a building which has become more dangerous because of the weather will soon be demolished.
Workers with the help of a McAdoo Fire Department rig began to tear down Gene’s Grey Goose Bar and Restaurant on the borough’s main drag. First order: take down two chimneys.
Mike Bowman, McAdoo’s building inspector, said it poses a threat to nearby homes.
“The contractor that got the bid asked for our help with the McAdoo Fire Department to remove the chimney due to being unsafe and when they bring the building down, they’re afraid that the chimney will fall onto the neighbor’s property and they don’t want that to happen.”
One of the nearby homes was threatened twice, from the possibility of the chimney falling, to the night of a fire three months ago.
The blaze came dangerously close to Bernardine Watkin’s house.