Deadly Fire in Pottsville Started in Kitchen | News
POTTSVILLE — A fire that left four children and two adults dead in Pottsville started in the kitchen of the home on Pierce Street.
The intense fire broke out just before midnight on the night of May 12. Eric Brown, his four children and his sister-in-law died from breathing in too much smoke.
Pottsville’s fire chief says an investigation confirms that the fire started by accident in a kitchen on the second floor of the home. The flames then spread up the stairs to the third floor where Brown and the others were sleeping.
Fire officials say the home in Schuylkill County had no working smoke alarms.